5/14/2021 CDC has recently updated their guidelines for full vaccinated people. These recommendations can help you make decisions about daily activities after you are fully vaccinated. They are not intended for healthcare settings.
As we slowly begin to offer in-office visits again, Lake Travis Integrative Medicine wants to be sure we do our part to protect our patients and our staff.
We will continue to offer telemedicine and video appointments by default, however, in office appointments are available by request.
We are following the Texas Medical Board’s safety guidelines as well as implementing the following:
- Conducting patient health screening questionnaires prior to each in office appointment
- Checking the temperature of all employees and patients who visit our office
- Limiting the number of in office visits per day so we have plenty of time to sanitize between appointments
- Hand Sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
- Masks must be worn at all times. Masks will be available if you do not have one.
If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, please notify us prior scheduling an in office appointment or visiting the office.
- Have you or anyone in your household had any of the following symptoms in the last 21 days: sore throat, cough, chills, body aches for unknown reasons, shortness of breath for unknown reasons, loss of smell, loss of taste, fever at or greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit?
- Have you or anyone in your household been tested for COVID-19 with a positive result?
- Have you or anyone in your household visited or received treatment in a hospital, nursing home, long-term care, or other health care facility in the past 30 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled in the U.S. in the past 21 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled on a cruise ship in the last 21 days?
- Are you or anyone in your household a health care provider or emergency responder?
- Have you or anyone in your household cared for an individual who is in quarantine or is a presumptive positive or has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Do you have any reason to believe you or anyone in your household has been exposed to or acquired COVID-19?
- To the best of your knowledge have you been in close proximity to any individual who tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you been around large groups of people where you in the past 14 days where social distancing of 6ft or greater was not maintained?
If you are or have in the last 14 days experienced any cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID19, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than 100 degrees fahrenheit; we kindly ask you to reschedule your in office appointment to a later date or switch to a virtual phone or video appointment.
This protocol is to prevent the spread of COVID19 and protect our patients and our staff. We appreciate your understanding & cooperation.