Lake Travis Integrative Medicine offers an innovative *lifestyle-driven pain management program based on both the latest discoveries in neuroscience and decades of specialized experience.
Current statistics on pain in the United States are overwhelming. Opiate use is at an all time high while there is no evidence that medications help with the underlying causes of chronic pain. Chronic Pain – or pain that lasts more than three months – is a multifaceted issue involving nutritional, psychosocial, biochemical, neurological and physical components. The current conventional pain management model typically addresses pain in a unidimensional mode, treating it solely with medications.
Lake Travis Integrative Medicine is committed to helping our patients treat their chronic pain with a healthy lifestyle approach that is whole-person, team-based, evidence-informed, and patient-centered. Peer Pain Management Coach, Allison Peacock has deep experience in self care for her own chronic pain managed without the use of opiates for more than 30 years.
Trained in several of the Shealy Protocols, designed by a neurosurgeon for the first ever integrative pain management clinic of its kind in the U.S., she also completed training in Integrative Pain Management with The University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine. Allison brings all the tools of Mind-Body Medicine as well as the special Alpha-Stim M model and low level laser therapy (LLLT) to help guide and train our patients to better manage and even eliminate their chronic pain.
Our Integrative Pain Management program is highly customized for each patient and physician-guided utilizing functional medicine principles to curb inflammation, build healthy new neural pathways, and promote the body’s natural healing response.
All Integrative Pain Management programs include coaching support with a Peer Coach and subject matter expert on chronic pain, including:
- Compassionate conversations to support you in processing your current pain and identifying your most pressing concerns
- Support and accountability as you set realistic goals, solve practical problems, and make plans for future actions
- Sharing strategies, coping skills, and evidence-based resource recommendations
- Mental exercises grounded in the science of neuroplasticity to help you manage your physical pain
- Exercises grounded in the 5 Layers of Health and psychoneuroimmunology to identify and relieve stress, lifestyle, and relationship issues that may be affecting your pain
- Practical guidance as you navigate the emotions, questions, and circumstances surrounding living with pain
Please call Allison Peacock at 512-998-2944 to schedule a complimentary 15-minute phone or video chat to determine whether Integrative Pain Management is a good fit for your needs. Rates based on your needs will be discussed at that time.
*Please note: Dr. Reardon does not prescribe opiates for the management of chronic pain. All patients who wish to continue opiate use while working with our Integrative Pain Management program will require another pain management physician to prescribe opiates.